20 January 2023
on course website
Challenges of Food and Nutrition Securityonline course
Food and Nutrition Security (FNS) is again on top of the global agenda due to the war in Ukraine. To understand the editorial comments and claimed effects of the war, students need to gain an adequate understanding of the concept, its drivers, and the impacts of different shocks. This online winter course would provide such an interdisciplinary focus.
C.F.A. van Wesenbeeck
The target audience is advanced Bachelor's and Master's students, Dutch Nationals as well as International students, and would be open for students from all faculties.
After successfully completing this course, students will:
- Have a broad understanding of the concept of FNS. - Be able to identify, calculate and interpret basic indicators for FNS and judge their relevance ·
- Be familiar with and understand the challenges to achieve FNS.
- Be familiar with and understand the challenges posed by FNS failure for societies and individuals.
- Be familiar with and understand the rationale for possible interventions to improve FNS.
Contact hours: 32
EUR 850: Students, PhD students and employees of VU Amsterdam, Amsterdam UMC or an Aurora Network Partner: €550*
Students and PhD students: €650*
Applications received before 15 October: -€50 (Early Bird Discount)
The tuition fee includes:
- Application and registration
- Exclusive course content for a limited number of participants
- Individual/group guidance from the course organiser
- Access to all online VU facilities such as the library and online learning environments
- A certificate of attendance after completing the course
- A transcript of records, including the grade and the obtained ECTS
- The full support of the winter school team
- Optional social activities
VU Graduate Winter School offers several scholarships. More information can be found on the website.Register for this course
on course website