14 July 2023
on course website
Developing Across Differences: Using Neuroscience
Applied Neuroscience and Brain Organisational Neuroscience are new disciplines, made possible only with recent technological innovations. Those who embrace this new well of knowledge include professionals and experts from disciplines such as intercultural communication and management, inclusion and diversity, well-being and personal development. One significant upside of applied neuroscience is that it can create a balance with and re-frame the ‘problem-based’ and ‘difference-focused’ approach prevalent in mainstream cultural theories.
Dr. Mai Nguyen
This course is for you if are a consultant/trainer/multiplier/educator who helps those who:
- are implementing diversity and inclusion initiatives within their organisations;
- offer training and on-the-job professional development to help colleagues better communicate and collaborate;
- work with those who appreciate “hard science”-based evidence for making system-wide and personal change.
Contact the organisers at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about the suitability of this course for your circumstances.
After this course you —and those you work with— will be able to:
1. Critically appreciate neuroscience myths and realities and how the former may be erroneously incorporated into mainstream practices in the workplace and otherwise.
2. Articulate the fundamentals of neuroscience, including neuroplasticity, neurogenesis and epigenetics.
3. Understand cultural neuroscience connections, i.e. those between culture, cultural values, and acculturalisation with genes and brain using an interdisciplinary approach that fosters the potential of a multicultural mind.
4. Understand neuroscience’s role in learning and well-being, including mindfulness, workout, and mind-gut connection.
5. Apply insights from neuroscience to understand and work with biases and change management.
EUR 1495: includes course and materials, optional evening programmingRegister for this course
on course website