21 July 2023
on course website
Blockchain is a new technology that has the potential to disrupt business processes in entire industries. From banking and supply chain management to a host of other industries, blockchain applications are making novel changes in how business is executed. Considering that potential, there is a lot of hype that follows. Hence, the main aim of the course is to help students grasp both the technological aspects of blockchain as well as its economic properties and implications.
While the course has been specially designed for student of economics, due to the nature of topic it would also be interesting to students from other areas of study. Every economic and IT topic has been carefully broken down to its necessary fundamentals, explaining only the useful aspects through relatable analogies and metaphors. It assumes no knowledge of technology and even re-introduces economic concepts from a different perspective. Other aspects of the course include examining how specific features of blockchain solve existing problems and studying various use cases of blockchain to see how different industries are applying the technology.
Martin Mihajlov, Jozef Stefan Institute, Ljubljana, Slovenia
At the completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Identify the core components of blockchain technology.
- Understand the technological components of a blockchain.
- Understand the fundamentals of money/currency and its evolution from precryptocurrency to digital/cryptoassets.
- Understand the variations and differences of existing major blockchain platforms.
- Understand the limitations and outstanding issues of existing blockchain technology.
- Learn how many large corporations are already implementing blockchain technology.
- Learn how to think of innovative application models, leveraging the blockchain technology.
Participants can receive the following certificates:
- Certificate of Attendance: awarded after the summer school to all participants who have completed the three-week programme.
- Transcript of Records (with credits and grades): awarded only to participants who complete all course requirements and pass the final examination.
EUR 650: Find more information on our website.
None.Register for this course
on course website