7 July 2023
Summer Course on European Environmental Lawonline course
This five-day course will provide a thorough introduction to EU environmental law. Lectures coupled with workshops and practical case studies will offer a comprehensive overview of EU environmental legislation and policy as well as of CJEU case law.
The summer course will be hosted on ERA’s own online training platform. You will be able to interact immediately and directly with our top-quality speakers and other participants, break out into working groups and work collaboratively on case studies. We will make the most of the technical tools available to deliver an intensive, interactive training experience. As the platform is hosted on our own server, the highest security settings will be applied to ensure that you can participate safely in a high quality online training environment.
Lawyers in private practice, regulatory authorities and public administration seeking a solid introduction to European environmental law.
- Origins, principles and sources of EU environmental law
- EU environmental law-making
- Implementation and enforcement of EU environmental law
- Public participatory rights
- Substantive legislation: nature and species protection, water protection, air pollution, wastemanagement, -
climate change and energy law
- Cross-cutting topics: green deal, environmental impact assessment, environmental liability, procedural rights, criminal law for environmental protection
- Practical case studies on various topics
EUR 620: Standard
EUR 465: Early registration discount