13 August 2023
Russian Language and Culture
The Summer School of Russian Language and Culture in Olomouc will offer students interested in Russian and the Eastern European area intensive Russian courses at three levels:
1) Beginners (A0/A1) with English/German as the teaching language
2) Intermediate (A2/B1) with Russian as the teaching language
3) Advanced (B2/C1) with Russian as the teaching language.
Courses will be taught by experienced teachers from the Department of Slavonic Studies, including native speakers of Russian. The course will also include comprehensive lectures on selected topics in Russian culture and history. We will also offer informal meetings and discussions on current topics related to events in contemporary Russia with the participation of Czech and Russian-speaking students. The main teaching materials will include original textbooks written by experts from the Department of Slavonic Studies. In addition to linguistics, culture and history, participants of the Summer School will gain a good overview of the current social situation in Russia, including an understanding of the independent Russian-language media environment.
Classes will take place Monday–Thursday and there will be trips on Fridays (Prague, Vienna, Auschwitz & Krakow, South Moravia). Apart from these day-long trips, there will also be several other side events over the course of the summer schools including shorter trips, sport events and more.
Requirements for students: Interest in the Russian language and Eastern European area, knowledge of English or German at B1-B2 level
Mgr. Patrik Varga, Ph.D.
Contact person: Jiří Mánek (email@example.com)
EUR 1200: The price for the summer school includes:
• Administrative fee
• Academic programme
• Accommodation at our student dormitories (a double room); it is also possible to choose a single room for an extra fee of €70
• Local accommodation fee
• Side events including day-long trips, field trips, a Welcome Party, and more
• Entrance tickets to sights in the itinerary