30 August 2021
on course website
Discover (the) Dutch: Dutch Language and Cultureonline course
Learn to speak and understand the Dutch language and society at a basic level. At the end of this course you will be able to join a basic conversation, using general expressions and basic sentences. For example, you will be able to meet and greet in Dutch, order a meal or a drink in the campus pub, go shopping, say whether you like something or someone, which you can practice in real life during excursions! In short, within two weeks you will learn to use and understand Dutch for everyday purposes.
Christiaan van Veen and guest lecturers such as Annelies van Urk and Ivet van Eerden.
For anyone interested in learning about the Dutch language and culture. This could be specifically interesting to all international students planning to study in Amsterdam (or in the Netherlands), or for students with a Dutch heritage. Over the world, 23 million people speak the Dutch language. A lot of Dutch people have an international scope and live or travel all over the world. If you have doubts about your eligibility for the course, please let us know. Our courses are multi-disciplinary and therefore are open to students and professionals with a wide variety of backgrounds. Basic knowledge of English (B1) is necessary in order to understand instructions.
At the end of this course you will:
- Learn to speak and understand the Dutch language at a basic level.
- Learn about the Dutch and their culture within an international context.
- Discover recurrent themes in Dutch history and find out how the natural environment shaped Dutch society and vice versa.
Contact Hours: 45
Do you want to make the most out of your summer? You can combine this course with a course in session 1 to create a 4-week Summer School in Amsterdam.
EUR 700: The tuition fee of a two-week course depends on your situation and ranges from €700-950. This tuition fee includes:The tuition fee includes:
- exclusive content for a limited number of students;
- 3 ECTS (European study credits) and a certificate;
- individual/group guidance from professor;
- online, interactive classes;
- possibilities to expand your international network;
- full support from the summer school team;
- optional social programme to meet fellow students and professionals.
on course website