4 July 2014
International Logistics and Supply Chain Management
The course teaches students about the complex and dynamic nature of international logistics and supply chain management and to prepare the student with the skills needed in an international environment with increasing demands on efficiency and effectiveness in this area of studies. The course focuses on the role of management and how international logistics and supply chain management can function as a source of competitive advantage. In addition, the course will provide students with knowledge about the use and impact of e-commerce in logistics and supply chain management.
Deadline to apply: April 1, 2014
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you want more information
Business, Logistics, Economics and Law students
On completion of the course the students will be able to:
Knowledge and understanding
1. Demonstrate the basic concepts of logistics and supply chain management.
2. Demonstrate the importance of logistics and supply chain management and its value for competitive advantage of the firm.
3. Reason critically and independently around problems related to different actors and flows in the supply chain.
Skills and abilities
1. Analyse and interpret the supply chain, the role of its actors and its logistics flows and function.
Judgement and approach
1. Critically assess the theoretical foundations for models and techniques related to logistics and supply chain management
2. Reflect upon and evaluate their own behaviour in the project work.
SEK 15250: Tuition to the course
SEK 1000: Social and Cultural package includes Welcome lunch, social activitites, company visit, cultural trip and farewell dinner. A lot of fun and a great way to learn more about Sweden and the swedes.