3 July 2020
Inventive Product Design and Advanced TRIZ
Master's level course by LUT University.
The main topics of the course:
- a general framework of design for innovation,
- the main classification schemes of design approaches,
- cognitive studies on designing,
- design creativity and its influential factors,
- current and future challenges of design methods,
- how to build an exhaustive design specification,
- how to stimulate idea generation,
- how to select the most suitable design concept among several ones.
The course is proposed to be suitable also for doctoral studies.
Contact person of the LUT Summer School: Mrs. Veronika Kojo, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Final-year Bachelor and Master students with background knowledge in technology and technology management.
The aim of the course is to introduce the students to the wide range of existing design methods with a focus on design creativity and innovation. The participants will gain both theoretical competences and practical skills, from the descriptive models for analysing design processes and behaviours, to the prescriptive tools that provide a structured and multi-disciplinary approach to design.
The course will also allow experiencing the application of exemplary design tools within a collaborative design contest.
EUR 695: For students from partner universities
- one week: tuition EUR 595 + accommodation EUR 400
- two weeks: tuition EUR 695 + accommodation EUR 500
EUR 995: For students from non-partner universities
- one week: tuition EUR 695 + accommodation EUR 400
- two weeks: tuition EUR 795 + accommodation EUR 500
Scholarships are not available.