10 July 2015
New directions in Destination Management
Internationally working managers in tourism and developers of businesses and destinations should be able to analyse destination areas and to propose ideas for future development. They have to recognize the relevant aspects, in terms of markets, cultures, environments, tourism products, businesses, investors and institutions that play a role in destinations, and involve them in responsible policies. If you are interested in the movement of tourism destination areas in new directions, taught by an international renowned staff, this is your course.
Brian Wheeller: a Visiting Professor of Tourism at Breda University of Applied Sciences since 2003.
Gregory Ashworth: he was educated in Geography at the Universities of Cambridge, Reading and London (PhD.1974).
All bachelor students
- Insight in the context in which tourism development takes place
describe and explain the nature and structure of the relationships in the tourism system.
- understand the interrelationship between the numerous actors involved in the tourism system
- recognise key drivers of global change that affect the tourism sector
- Understanding of a market analysis and tourist motivations
- Insight in destination representations, images & tourist experiences
- The use of Social media and Mobile technologies in relation to destinations
- Demonstrate increased cultural understanding of real life situations, also by underlining your own stereotypes and reflect upon this
- Successfully approach and interact with people with a different cultural background and make it a pleasant experience for everybody
Based on a successful completion.
EUR 750: Program fee (including course materials and social program)
EUR 600: DISCOUNT for students of NHTV as well as partner universities!