14 August 2015
Experience Nature Tourism Product Development and Gastronomy
The course is conducted in cooperation with TAMK students and a local partner company.
- principles of experience economy
- method of experience product development: Experience Pyramid
- tourism enterprise analysis
- preparing typical Finnish cuisine
- Finnish culture and history
Joseph Pine & James Gilmore, 1999: The Experience Economy: Work is Theatre & Every Business a Stage: Goods and Services Are No Longer Enough
LEO Finland (www.leofinland.fi): Experience Pyramid
Tarssanen, Sanna (ed.) 2009, Handbook for Experience Stagers
After completing the course the student is able to:
- understand the principles of experience economy, and the Experience Pyramid method of developing an experience product
- be familiar with characteristics of Finnish nature and experience tourism and gastronomy
- conduct a tourism enterprise analysis
EUR 1250: Tuition fee, including teaching and course materials. Accommodation and free-time activities are covered as well.