11 August 2018
Sustainable Leadership in the 21st Century
Leaders of the future will be faced with challenging tasks in an increasingly complex
and interconnected world. The course will explore emerging ideas about leadership
and provide practical training in leadership. The Nordic Leadership Model and
Servant Leadership will be in special focus. Sustainability and social responsibility
will be discussed and the role of social entrepreneurs will be examined. The course
will include both academic lectures, discussion periods and more practical
approaches that will include assignments, group work and field trips.
- Leading Changes - Servant leadership - Nordic Leadership Model - Practical training in leadership
- Sustainability and Global Challenges - Human rights and CSR - Social Justice - Business Ethics - Social Entrepreneurship
Videos of past programs:
The course leader is Dr. Magnús Árni Magnússon.
The project manager is Mr. Karl Eiríksson the Head of International Office.
Open to undergraduate students who have completed at least one year of an undergraduate program. Open to graduate students as well.
Early birds and students from partner universities get discount on the prices. More information on website
Students can describe and explain key approaches in leadership and link
them to topics associated with sustainability and corporate social
• Students can demonstrate knowledge on leadership and participate in
discussion of the most relevant concepts and ideas related to leadership,
sustainability and social responsibility.
• Students have skills to apply different leadership approaches in practical
• Students can participate actively in creativity sessions, formulate their ideas,
and communicate them with others.
4 US Credits
EUR 3500: Seminars, accommodation, full board and trips.
The trips include: Volcaneos, Caves, Waterfalls, Natural Springs, Birdwatching, Hiking, Midnight Sun, Fishing Trip, Horseback Riding and a trip to the scenes of the movie "The secret life of Walter Mitty".