17 January 2017
Business & Management Ethics
Ethics is a discipline that involves examining, evaluating, systematizing, defending and recommending concepts of right and wrong conduct. lt studies the moral behavior in humans and how one should act. Business ethics (also corporate ethics) is a form of applied ethics or professional ethics that examines ethical principles and moral or ethical problems that arise in a business environment. lt applies to ail aspects of business conduct and is relevant to the
conduct of individu ais and entire organizations.
The course provides a rigorous view of these two main dimensions of the subject. On the one side, it enables the students to understand persona[ ethical dilemmas at work and the way to solve them. On the other side, it addresses the issue of corporate social responsibility (CSR). The specificities of leaders and top managers' ethics are as well brought into focus.
Please note: Students taking this cours, should also take either take "International Business, Managing The Legal Risk", "Foreign Currency Speculation", "Foundation of Leadership and Teamwork", "International Business Planning" or "Value Creation in M&As" of the Audencia Winter Program, as they would otherwise have several days off during the week.
Application deadline: November 15th, 2016
Contact Sarah Morkowsky, Winter Program Manager: email@example.com for more details
The objectives of this course are the following:
- Understand the 2 levels and 4 degrees of the ethical issue in management and their reciprocal
- Discover the importance of the manager's ethics in which ail the contradictions of business
ethics are focused;
- Review the tradition al North-American approaches of business ethics, which focus on the
individu ais and their value system;
- Discover the new approaches of business ethics, privileged in Europe, which underline the
social and ecological responsibilities of companies;
Learning outcomes: after following this course, you will be able to:
- assess your moral compass
- cope with ethical dilemmas at work
- clarify the managers' moral duties
- apprehend the various methods of ethical reasoning
3 ECTS - 1,5 US credits
EUR 500: 500 Euros/module for free movers
EUR 0: No tuition fees for students from Audencia's partner institutions