19 July 2019
Start German: Language Course
Although Berlin is an international city, you will find it much easier to understand your surroundings and enjoy the city if you have acquired some basics in German. German is still an important language for business, science, and the arts, and is the most widely spoken language in Europe - plus, it's easy to learn for English-speaking students.
Our German language course addresses the needs of beginners. The content of the course follows the standards of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) for level A1.1 (beginners with no prior knowledge). .
- The course will be taught by experienced lectures from the language intitute of TU Berlin ZEMS.
Students with no prior knowledge of German.
The course will cover the following language skills:
• Introducing yourself and others
• Talking about time, schedules and activities
• Talking about yourself and asking others about themselves, including their work, areas of study, hobbies, and interests
• Dealing with various situations in daily life (e.g. at the supermarket, in public offices, at the doctor’s office, at work, at the university)
• Basic facts about Berlin, Germany and German culture
• Introduction to German pronunciation and grammar
2 ECTS (European Credit Transfer System) for the academic course.
EUR 610: The course fee covers our cultural programme, which features visits to museums (entry tickets covered), guided walking tours of Berlin, a sightseeing boat tour, a visit to the German Parliament (Bundestag), and a trip to the city of Potsdam. Day trips to Dresden or Leipzig will be subject to additional costs and will not be covered by the course fee.