2 August 2019
Biomedical Sciences: From Laboratory Bench to Hospital Bedside
The Biomedical Sciences programme gives students the opportunity to acquire knowledge and work with evidence concerning biological sciences, the human body, disease, treatment and patient interaction. English language training tailored to content, together with a social programme that introduces students to aspects of British heritage and culture, it will help in preparing students for more in-depth study in biomedical sciences and related disciplines at British Universities.
The 2019 Summer School is ideal for students based overseas who would like to experience studying abroad for a short period, while gaining a valuable insight into the fascinating culture and heritage of Britain. International Students who are currently studying in UK universities are also welcome to apply.
On completion of the Programme in addition to obtaining credits students will have been given a unique opportunity to:
- Demonstrate an ability to understand and use scientific and medical terminology in English appropriate to the subjects being studied
- Analyse clinical problems in an integrated way to identify features worthy of evidence-based enquiry
- Formulate simple relevant research questions to allow the appropriate investigation of the problems raised in biomedical scenarios
- Identify appropriate source of information and demonstrate the ability to search effectively for relevant items of interest
- Apply findings from the literature to answer questions raised by specific clinical problems
- Demonstrate an understanding of communication theory and skills and their fundamental importance to clinical practice
- Demonstrate an ability to use and apply basic science principles to investigate specially constructed clinical scenarios
- Demonstrate an ability to interpret clinical / biomedical data to aid in the diagnosis and management of patients described in specially
constructed clinical scenarios
This is a three week programme and is equivalent to an accredited undergraduate course (20 UK credits, 5 US Credits, or 10 ECTS). All students will receive a certificate of attendance.
GBP 2500: The fee includes all tuition fees, including assessment (where applicable), self-catering accommodation, and a programme of social events.
Partner Discounts: Students registered at one of our partner institutions will receive a discount of £150.
Students who apply before the early application deadline 20th March 2019 will be eligible for an additional discount of £150. Further discounts for Universitas 21 partners are also available.