10 July 2020
5th International Summer School on Organic PhotoVoltaic Systems
- Energy and Resources
- Photovoltaic Technologies
- Organic Photovoltaics
- Photovoltaic System Applications
- Modeling and Simulation in Energy Engineering
- Case Studies and Techno-Economic Analysis of Photovoltaic Systems
The ISSOPVS summer school has been developed for those with interest in Solar Energy and its applications. Furthermore, the program is designed for those who intend to pursue an academic or a professional career related to photovoltaic technology. This course intends to equip students or graduates, technicians as well as investors who wish to get a comprehensive introduction to Organic PV technologies. Apart from the theoretical part the workshop is ideal for everyone who is already working in this field and needs to deepen their knowledge about Organic Photovoltaics. The summer school therefore unites participants from a wide range of professional and academic backgrounds.
All courses aim to give student awareness of the latest trends in energy, as well as solar and photovoltaic technology, and the ability to model and implement theoretical knowledge into real system applications, by means of techno-economic analysis.
Courses aim to provide students with the knowledge of:
- How to reduce air pollution, how to decrease the dependence on coal, fossil fuels and nuclear, how to start, design and build a renewable energy system.
- Basic principles and various types of PV panels.
- An insight into the theory behind organic solar cells and the three main research areas within the field i.e. materials, stability and processing.
- Design process for several complete self-contained PV systems.
- Modeling and Simulation theory and also an overview of professional and free software dedicated to solar energy.
- Design, model, simulate and present a PVS via a scientific techno-economic analysis.
EUR 500: Fees for attending the Programme run into € 500,00/person, payable via credit/debit card or bank transfer. If the applicant opts to pay the fees in full (500 €) before 1st Session deadline (April 20, 2019) a 10% off the total fees (50 €) will automatically be given (early bird registration).