27 July 2012
on course website
Dutch Language Level 5
Dutch is a Germanic language that is spoken by approximately 23 million people world-wide. Most of these live in the Netherlands and in Belgium, but Dutch is also spoken in Surinam and on the Dutch Antilles.
This upper-intermediate course in Dutch offers you the opportunity to learn the Dutch language fast and well. It covers the four skills of listening, reading, writing and speaking. During the course you will also get familiarized with Dutch customs and manners.
Course activities include:
- oral and written summaries
- grammar exercises
- letter writing.
After completing this course (B2 level):
- You can understand the main ideas of a complex text on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical discussions in their field of specialization.
- You will be able to interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers possible without strain for either party.
- You can produce clear, detailed texts on a wide range of subjects and explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options.
- You have knowledge of the Dutch language at B2-level and will be able to pass the NT2 State Exam. This exam is not included.
You are required to do a placement test developed by the James Boswell Instituut. This test consists of two parts: multiple choice and writing. A teacher will assess your language skills. On the basis of your test result you will get an advice about which course is suitable for you.
Level B2 (Common European Framework). This course can serve as a preparation for the NT2 State Exam (programme 2).
Certificate of Attendance
EUR 1415: Course + course materials + housing
Utrecht Summer School doesn't offer scholarships for this course.Register for this course
on course website