21 August 2018
Earth Observation & GIS for Engineering and Security
The course will cover the fundamental aspects of land spatial modelling and combine aspects of Geographic information systems and remote observation simultaneously, with the support of an integral and intuitive software-free package.
Topics on Geographic information systems (GIS)
- Gentle introduction to Geographic Information Systems: Modelling Earth reality
- Representing reality: GIS and Data types.
- Placing things on Earth: Coordinate systems and georeferencing
- Managing and storing information:
- Databases and DMS Simple tabular information
- Spatial and non-spatial data entry and manipulation
- Spatial analysis with forms and images (vectors and rasters)
- Data visualization and a glance to the interpolation functions
Participants assisting and participating of all activities, at the end of the course should be able to:
- Understand and experience most of the components of a GIS and Remote Sensing system models.
- Have an advance glossary on Earth Observation sciences allowing to understand more advance information or assist to middle to high ranked courses in specialized organization or courses.
- Collect, input process and model reality in a GIS and Earth Observation software environment.
- Visit, search and order high resolution free satellite imagery, followed by calibration and processing.
Organize and perform a data Ground true data collection campaign with portable hardware.
EUR 750: Our fee is an all-in package consisting the following components:
- A stay at the inspirational campus of the University of Twente
- Course participation
- Course materials
- A tent to sleep in (included: air mattress, flashlight, pillow and sleeping bag)
- Food (breakfast, lunch and evening meal)
- Free entry to the UT Sport Centre
EUR 750: Starting from 10 March 2018 the price is € 750 EUR. After 10 June 2018 the fee is € 875.
No scholarships offered! please check your current/home university!