20 August 2019
Serious gaming is an exciting new development in the business environment, thrust into the public eye by rapid progress in the world of IT. Game design involves applying knowledge from the modelled domain to a mode and manner of representation that can alter a player’s knowledge, attitude or behaviour with regard to the domain.
Dr. Guido Bruinsma and Dr.Ir. Ton Spil
After participating in this course you will be able to:
- apply game design methodologies
- apply game mechanics
- apply the SCRUM project management methodology
- provide structured feedback
- work in multidisciplinary teams
- present projects at poster presentations
You will also have detailed knowledge of:
- types of serious games and their applications
- the game design process
- game mechanics
- game validation and evaluation
- more general knowledge of the roles, procedures and workflow of SCRUM.
EUR 875: Our fee is an all-in package consisting the following components:
- A stay at the inspirational campus of the University of Twente
- Course participation
- Course materials
- A tent to sleep in (included: air mattress, flashlight, pillow and sleeping bag)
- Food (breakfast, lunch and evening meal)
- Free entry to the UT Sport Centre
No scholarships offered! Please check your current/home university!