9 July 2017
“Solidarity Beyond Borders”
Summer school “Solidarity beyond borders” is a 7-day course encompassing various theoretical and methodological aspects of transnational solidarity. It will address such topics as: the legal basis of solidarity within the EU, network analysis on solidarity, research on Transnational Alternative Organisations, solidarity in public discourse, and more. Participants — PhD and advanced MA students — will have a unique opportunity to take part in seminars and workshops provided by leading European scholars working on solidarity issues. Students will also be offered comments and discussion on their own papers related to transnational solidarity.
It is open to PhD and advanced MA students from all over the world studying political science, sociology, economics, media, geography, anthropology, education, etc.
Candidates are requested to fill out the application form and send a 300-word abstract of their own scientific paper on solidarity-related issues. Papers addressing the topic of EU transnational solidarity are particularly welcome. Applications, including the article abstract, should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 January 2017.
At the end of the Summer School participants will:
- be able to critically evaluate the role of the EU and country law in addressing transnational solidarity
- be able to construct and theorise a research question that employs social network analysis in order to address a specific topic related to transnational solidarity
- be able to apply theory critically to analyse transnational solidarity
- have developed their methodological skills
- have developed team working, communication and presentation skills
4 ECTS points, a “transcript of record” and a certificate of attendance will be granted to participants.
EUR 0: Participation free of charge
No accommodation costs are covered, but 4 accommodation grants will be funded.