1 September 2017
Are you a student? Is the plant breeding world your field of interest? Do terms like green genetics, horticulture & plant breeding sound familiar? Then we invite you to participate in this Summer School.
The Dutch plant breeding and propagation industry is an innovative and knowledge intensive industrial branch which has a leading position in the world. Graduates with an education in plant sciences or breeding can start a blooming career in this sector, with many challenges to develop themselves professionally and personally.
Liesbeth Vallinga, Programme manager
- A 2nd or 3rd year Academic Bachelor student in biology, plant science, agronomy, or a related field.
- A 3rd year Professional Bachelor student (HBO/Fachhochschule/Polytechnic) in agronomy, horticulture, biotechnology, laboratory techniques, applied biology.
Basic knowledge of genetics, statistics, molecular biology, and plant physiology is required. A good understanding of the English language is also necessary.
• Learn about the basic topics in plant breeding
• Hear about new promising technologies
• Visit research facilities and laboratories
• Be the special guest of worldwide leading breeding companies
Certificate by active participation
EUR 0: The course is free of charge.
Admission will be based on evaluation of CV and motivation letter.
Application is possible till the end of June (30th) 2017. Shortly after this date you will hear if you are granted to participate.