27 May 2018
Venice Architecture Biennale: opening week
Venice Architecture Biennale is one of the most prestigious exhibitions in the world and is an exciting glamorous event filled with valuable networking opportunities. It is a perfect time and place to see what the future holds and feel the trends.
Come to Venice for the special week of the Biennale Opening. It is a rare opportunity to see historic Venetian palazzos before they open to the public, observe the setup of the exhibition and meet international architecture and design crowd.
European Cultural Centre owns four historic palazzos in Venice where we host national participations for the Biennale and our own events. You will take the most out of the Preview week with a balanced combination of classes on contemporary architecture, meetings with architects, visits to incredible museums and preview parties.
The program is created by James Taylor-Foster, contemporary curator at ArkDes, Sweden’s national centre for architecture and design. Formerly the European editor-at-large at ArchDaily, the world’s largest online platform for architecture and urbanism, he
The courses are open for anyone with an interest in these sectors. Your peers come from all backgrounds and are international, curious and inquisitive minds that are looking to expand their knowledge. Some of them are just design lovers and some will be responsible for managing and advancing best projects in art, design and architecture.
1. Enrich your perspective on current trends in Architecture and Design.
2. Make the best use of your time at the hectic Preview Week of the Venice Biennale and feel as an insider. Become more confident and understanding whether it is a leisurely exhibition visit or an important business meeting.
3. Get exclusive insights and learn practical skills in a short period of time.
4. Gain new skills to create greater impact with your work immediately.
5. Have an unforgettable time in Venice outside the classroom: immerse yourself in creative and cultural activities or relax at famous Lido beach. For anybody who wishes to explore Italy, Florence, Siena and Milan are within proximity.
You can get from 3 to 10 ECTS by registering the course as your internship/work placement/stage. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info. You need to apply for ECTS with your university BEFORE attending the course.
All students receive a certificate upon successful completion of the course.
EUR 950: Tuition fee is EUR 950. The fee covers the classes, course materials, visa support, access to archives and library, all passes to cultural institutions, welcome breakfast, invitation to two opening parties and a boat ride around Venice. If wished for, we can organise a nice single/double accommodation for EUR 500 per 7 nights or recommend suitable options.
A limited number of scholarships is available.