26 August 2017
Module "Architecture & urbanism"
The general program of the module provides various lecture & excursion activities: contemporary architecture of Moscow, Moscow art nouveau architecture, architecture of Russian constructivism in Moscow, religious architecture of Moscow, Russian art of the 20th century, city palaces of Moscow, the history & evolution of Moscow masterplan, the problems of the historical heritage in contemporary city.
The module is maintained by experienced lecturers, practicing architects & urban planners.
Module "Architecture & urbanism" offers to conduct unique survey on the relevant problems of the contemporary capital city. It is possible to get involved into one of three main topics:
1. Resources & reserves (an analysis & estimation of urban intensification, reserves usage inside the existing borders against the expanding city policy & exploiting of the free space as a resource);
2. Heritage (an analysis of the city centre architectural environment, existing historical development, an estimation of its consistency & potential, proposal of promotion & evolution strategies);
3. Commuter belt (an analysis & estimation of possible development strategies of peripheral commuter districts, new qualities of the microdistrict urban environment).
Contact person - Summer School Coordinator Mr. Marat Magomedov: firstname.lastname@example.org
International Summer School “Build Your Future” offers diverse experience for participants interested in architecture and urban planning of Moscow, as well as expertise in modern sustainable engineering practices in Russia. Second part of the summer school opens an opportunity for participants to learn Russian language and, of course, enjoy Great city of Moscow.
Our summer school includes three modules:
“Russian language” module for all participants and one module of choice - “Architecture & urbanism” or “Sustainable engineering”.
All modules are taught in English. Upon successful completion, participants of the Summer School will be awarded with 2 ECTS credits.
EUR 600: The course fee is 600 EUR.
The course fee includes:
• tuition (Module "Russian language" + Module "Architecture & urbanism")
• teaching materials
• accommodation in MGSU dormitories
• daily lunch in university canteen
• 2 field trips
• internet access in MGSU
• access to MGSU library
• cultural program
There is €50 Early bird Discount availiable for students that apply
before April 30th 2017.