30 July 2021
on course website
Civil Engineeringblended course
Building information modeling
The course introduces the basics of the BIM (Building Information Modeling), its conception, available software and ways to use this technology in real work process.
This course discusses how BIM provides contractors with the benefit of improved visualization of a construction project through the use of a 3D virtual model, establish a base of knowledge of BIM terminology and look at the benefits of BIM and case studies showing implementation before encouraging participants to study how they could implement BIM. Students do not only acquire a profound professional and methodical education but also the communication skills and cross-cultural experience necessary for future international management posts. The BIM program contains not only general BIM conception, but also its problems, solutions, ways to use and comparison of main software available today, and real experience of using Autodesk Revit – world-leading BIM platform, allowing create and manage projects faster and more economically.
The course is based on a real experience of BIM implementation in leading Russian’s project and construction companies, BIM software teaching.
The lectures cover the essential features BIM modeling and leading software.
Energy efficiency of the buildings
The course introduces the concept of energy saving in the world, formation the energy efficiency in Russia and examples of its application in civil engineering. At the beginning students are given brief introduction to the Energy consumption in the residential sector, thermal loss of buildings, the concept of heat and moisture transfer in enclosing structures, types and classification of environmentally friendly building materials.
Students will know how to determine the energy efficiency classes of buildings, basic indicators of energy consumption, they will consider economical and environmental aspects in the field of energy saving, the major green building rating systems LEED and BREAM.
The course is held in the form of workshop, where students will consider real projects of new and existing buildings, different ways of improving the energy efficiency of the building, using practical calculations and BIM (Building Information Modeling) technology.
Deadline for registration:
Online format: July 05, 2021
- for EU- or visa-free countries nationals: June 21, 2021
- for non-EU nationals: May 11, 2021
- Online Pub Quiz;
- Online Interactive Tour to SPbPU Museum;
- Online broadcasting of excursion to the Hermitage museum;
Cultural program in the Hybrid format is discussed with participants individually.
*All of the listed above activities are planned to take place but in case any of those will have to be cancelled, an alternative event will be offered to participants.
Provided only for the Hybrid or the Tailor-made formats:
- on campus at the university dormitory
- off-campus at partner hostels in the city center
Details of the options and booking procedures will be discussed with each applicant individually.
Professors and lecturers:
Aleksandr Vysotskiy, CEO of Vysotskiy consulting (TOP-20 BIM companies in Russia), expert in BIM;
Olga Korshunova, leading specialist of Vysotskiy consulting, lecturer in BIM;
Daria Zaborova, PhD, leading lecturer of SPbPU.
- Good command of English. All classes and extracurricular activities are conducted in English.
- Knowledge of the Russian language is not required.
- Applicants are expected to have at least 1 year of University level studies.
EUR 270: Online format: 270 Euro
Hybrid format: 270 Euro + 4000 Rub (non-refundable registration fee for the Letter of Invition)
Participation fee includes tuition fee, study materials, field trips and cultural program.
Upon successful completion of the course students will receive hard copies of certificates with ECTS credits (mailed by post in case of the online format of the Summer School).
NB! In addition, students will be granted with authorized Autodesk Revit certificates if they successfully pass the BIM course.
- If you take 2 programs in one season you get a 10% discount per each course;
- If you take 3 or more programs in one season you get a 15% discount per each course;
- If you are an alumni of any previous course in the last 5 years you get a 10% discount for any summer program;
- If you are an SPbPU student you get a 20% discount for any summer course;
- If you are a student of any other Russian university you get a 15% discount for any summer program.
on course website