26 July 2019
Innovative Marketing Technologies in Tourism
The course “Innovative marketing technologies in tourism” will provide students with hands-on practical knowledge and skills in how to cater tourists needs and wants successfully. The 3 -week programme will give you the opportunity to combine a number of marketing courses covering such topics as international tourism marketing, segmentation and targeting, consumer behaviour, digital marketing and more.
The course covers a comprehensive review of existing mechanisms for innovative tourist product creation and promotion. The emphasis is put on Russian experience. Within the module you will gain the knowledge about Russian culture, traditions and identity. You will get the closer look at Saint Petersburg in the context of Russian culture, examine the best practices of Russian tourist industry .
The training course will be held in the format of scientific-practical discourse as close as possible to the realities of today’s international competition. Lectures, seminars and business games are to cover the most important and challenging issues of innovative marketing technologies in tourism: from theory to practice both in Saint-Petersburg and Russia. And the entertainment program will help this study to be efficient and unforgettable.
The cultural program includes:
- Boat city tour for students to get acquainted with the beauty of the city.
- Excursion to the Hermitage, one of the world’s largest and oldest museums of fine art.
- Pub Quiz in the city center of St. Petersburg.
- Visit to the “Baltika” Brewery/"Coca-Cola" factory where students can learn about the construction and logistic peculiarities of the plant.
- Excursion to Peterhof palace-ensemble with picturesque gardens, a countless number of fountains and giant golden statues.
- Picnic at the seashore of the Gulf of Finland where students can enjoy Russian style barbecue (optional, for extra price).
- Excursion to Pushkin, former tzar summer residence famous for its palace and park ensemble. Students will visit the outstanding Catherine Palace with glorious Amber room (optional, for extra price).
In addition, there is an educational and entertaining full-day field trip to Novgorod the Great included in the program. Novgorod is one of the most ancient cities of Russia, the cradle of Russian republican and democratic traditions.
The field- trip includes:
interactive program "Legends of the Yaroslav's Court";
demonstration of technologies of cultural objects renovation;
academic session: "Innovative tourist products: Novgorod the Great experience".
PhD Nelly Kozlova;
PhD Elena Korchagina;
PhD Natalya Pletneva.
Students are expected to have at least 1 year of university-level studies;
EUR 550: Participation fee includes tuition fee, study materials, company visits, cultural program.