3 July 2020
This course will introduce the student to the study of leadership and the concept of achieving excellence in their organizations by engaging the students in a variety of activities designed to enhance their understanding of the challenges, which confront today’s business professionals. The course will focus on how a true leader can create new ways of thinking and behaving -- ways that not only will result in more productive and satisfied employees, but will also help employees achieve their organizational goals and objectives. First, the student will learn about themselves, leadership styles and the differences between management skills and leadership skills and the role of leadership in a global market. Following this the course will present the student with specific skills and tools that can enhance their role as leaders in their organizations; e.g., cross cultural leadership, leadership acumen, understanding change and change management, and strategic management. The skills and theories presented will be synthesized by the student to better understand their role as leaders of organizations in a global market.
Guest Lecturer from Florida Gulf Coast University, United States.
Please contact us for more details: email@example.com
bachelor - master's degree students
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
• Understand the differences and concepts behind the role of leaders and managers of organizations and the process of organizational change;
• Identify personal management/leadership style and recognize its influence on leading organizational change;
• Identify their organizations culture and characteristics and its potential to change;
• Understand the complexity of managing a company in the global business environment; and
• Synthesize and understand the role of being a leader and business professionals in a global market
Key concepts: Self-Awareness; Emotional Intelligence; Leadership theories; Difference between Leaders and Managers; Intercultural Leadership; Strategic Leadership; Quality Leadership; Ethics; and understanding how to go from good to great.
4 ECTS - 2 US credits
EUR 500: 500 euros/week tuition fees for free movers (accommodation not included. offers with accommodation possible. contact us for more details)
EUR 50: 50 euros application fees for students from partner universities.
contact us for more details !