17 August 2018
Perfecting Your Academic Writing Skills
Although writing is one of the most essential skills for a PhD student, many are not the productive super writers they would like to be. During this one week course, experienced writing coaches will teach you useful strategies that can help increase the productivity and quality of your writing. Interaction with fellow writers is a vital part of this course.
Every day starts with a two-hour interactive group lecture.
Themes of the lectures include:
- Getting to know personal strengths and pitfalls as a writer
- Steps in a typical writing process: maximizing your efficiency
- Writing techniques, e.g. speed writing
- Reader-oriented writing
- Editing: do’s and don’ts
- Perfecting your academic English
The rest of the day will be spend on productive writing, during which a writing coach is present to help you with any questions or problems you might have. Furthermore each participant will participate in a two-hour peer feedback session, guided by an experienced writing course leader.
Programme Manager Academic Communication
Radboud In’to Languages & Nijmegen Centre for Academic Writing
Master, PhD. This course is designed especially for PhD students, although master’s students with a fairly advanced level of academic writing are also encouraged to participate.
After this course you are able to:
1. Manage your writing process like an experienced writer
2. Tailor your academic writing to the needs of your intended audience
3. Use strategies to increase your productivity and the quality of your writing
4. Get maximum return from peer feedback
EUR 625: The fee includes the registration fees, course materials, access to library and IT facilities, coffee/tea, lunch, and a number of social activities.
We offer several reduced fees:
€ 563 early bird discount- deadline 1 April 2018 (10%)
€ 531 partner + RU discount (15%)
€ 469 early bird + partner + RU discount (25%)