10 August 2018
on course website
Starting Your Own Business
Do you want to know what it takes to be an entrepreneur? Or do you have a business idea, but don’t know how to take it forward? Join the Startup Summer School. During this one week program you will work in groups of 10-20 entrepreneurs on improving your business or business concept. We will give you a proven methodology for assessing and shaping your venture as well as plenty of time to discuss your idea with your peers, investors and experienced entrepreneurs.
We will address all aspects of starting your own (tech)company. We believe in learning by doing. You can either bring your own business idea or borrow one of ours, but you will get your hands dirty and get to action. A sneak preview in the topics that will be covered during the courses:
- Being an entrepreneur: know what to expect, get in touch with your own strengths and weaknesses, learn what ‘living the dream’ actually looks like;
- Building a team that fuel and sustain your startup’s growth: the perfect team composition and team competencies, training, keeping people happy;
- Master the lean startup method to effectively scale your business: learn about MVPs, validated learning, piloting and pivoting;
- Build a product that your customers love: due diligence, mapping vs. competing products/services, IP protection, technology enhancement or development, prototyping, and industrialization;
- Learn the art of collaboration and coopetition
- Create your own Business model Canvas: turn an idea into a cash cow, build a sustainable business case;
- Understand your market: opportunity assessment, USPs, target markets, competitive positioning, customer discovery and validation;
- Get your product to the market: find your launching customer, design your go-to-market strategy, choose distribution channels,
- Get noticed: free publicity, marketing, social media strategy.
- Make a Pitch that impresses customers and investors
- Get Funded: learn about seed money, Business Angel networks and crowdfunding.
- Run a company like a boss.
In addition to the courses you will:
- Receive 1-on-1 monitoring
- Participate in a real business competition and win prizes
- Meet real investors in Radboud’s Den
- Get a Radboud Innovation startup certificate
After the Startup Summer School, you will be able to decide whether a career as an entrepreneur is right for you. And if so, you will have gained the right tools, insights and skills to proceed.
This course welcomes Advanced Bachelor's, Master and PhD students from different backgrounds.
In this course you will:
1. Find out whether an entrepreneurial career is suited for you
2. Discover your own entrepreneurial skills, talent and ambition
3. Create and fine-tune a solid business plan
4. Know how to build and manage a startup
EUR 499: The fee includes the registration fees, course materials, access to library and IT facilities, coffee/tea, lunch, and a number of social activities.
We offer several reduced fees:
€ 449 early bird discount – deadline 1 April 2018 (10%)
€ 424 partner and RU discount (15%)
€ 374 early bird + partner and RU discount (25%)
€ 250 Radboud students & PhDs (50%)
on course website