20 July 2018
on course website
Kick-start Your Career in the Netherlands (July)
As an international student, finding a job in the Netherlands can be challenging. Can you find your way in the Dutch labour market? What are the opportunities and trends in the Dutch labour market? Which regulatory issues do you face when searching for a job in The Netherlands? How do you prepare for the Dutch working culture? How do you get in touch with future employers and how should you present yourself? This course helps you to prepare for the start of your career in the Netherlands.
In the course you will gain insights into the Dutch labour market, the rules and regulations that might apply to your situation, understand the Dutch working culture and acknowledge cultural differences. Furthermore, you will improve your personal branding skills, interview skills and networking capabilities. The program combines daily workshops in the morning with afternoon company visits, presentations by HR managers and meet-and-greets with employers and international young professionals. Upon completion of this program, you will have improved your knowledge and understanding of the Dutch labour market and the Dutch working culture, and you will have developed your skills and professional profile.
Roos Nieuwenhuis and Maggy Ovaa
International students at the end of their studies or recently graduated who want to explore their career opportunities in the Netherlands and raise their chances on finding a job in the Netherlands
Upon completion of this program, you will have improved your knowledge and understanding of the Dutch labour market and the Dutch working culture, and you will have developed your skills and professional profile. This program contributes to a successful start on the Dutch labour market!
At the end of this course you will be able to:
• Identify the opportunities for international graduates on the Dutch labour market in terms of:
• Types of organizations
• Employment versus Entrepreneurship
• Know which rules and regulations you have to comply with in order to work in the Netherlands
• Acknowledge the differences between Dutch working culture and the working culture in your country of origin
• Pitch your professional ambitions in various situations and using various tools
• Present yourself during a job interview
• Optimized CV and motivation letter for vacancies in the Netherlands
• Activated professional network in the Netherlands
• Increased success on the Dutch labour market
Certificate of Attendance
EUR 475: Course + course materials
The course fee includes company visits, meet and greets with employers and young international professionals.
EUR 200: Housing
on course website