3 June 2022
Business Environment in Latin America
This course explores the business environment in the Latin American region, with particular emphasis in the ‘post-covid’ era. The course explores the distinctive characteristics of the region, in terms of its geographic and historical conditions, the economic opportunities, the cultural and social environment, and implied political risks. It concludes with an exercise of identifying business opportunities in the region.
- The Latin American region: The countries, main facts. Geographic and Historical Conditions. Impact of Covid-19 pandemic in the Region.
- Economic Environment: Latin America in the Global Economy. Industry Analysis.
- Political Environment: Brief overview of political history in Latin America. Political Risk. Political Map.
- Cultural Environment: Organizational culture in the region. Cultural shocks
- Social Challenges: Unemployment, inequality and its impact on business. Entrepreneurship as a social ladder.
Guest lecturer from ESPADE, Graduate School of Management, Ecuador !
bachelor/master's degree students
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to
- Apply the PESTEL analysis to interpret the macro-environment of a Latin American country
- Use Latin American statistical data to analyse the business environment in the region
- Understand the political and cultural challenges faced by Latin American countries and their effect on international business.
- Assess the social challenges in the region and their potential impact on the business opportunities.
EUR 500: 500 euros tuition fees for free movers + 100 euros administrative charges
EUR 0: No tuition fees for nominated students from partner universities