17 July 2020
Innovative methods and tools in STEM
Nowadays there is a growing trend towards integrating STEM in the modern classroom.
STEM encourages students in guided discovery, and in problem-solving while enhancing creativity. Students get used to working in groups, solving problems, finding solutions, and verifying the results. In Many European schools Technology, Computer Science and Programming/Coding are beginning to appear in curricula, creating increasing demands upon teachers at all levels.
This course aims to help teachers understand the potential of using STEM in education in order to engage their students more. General information and pedagogical methods will be discussed alongside hands on practical sessions.
Throughout the course, participants will have time to reflect on how the tools and practices being introduced can be embedded successfully in their classroom.
The purpose of the course is helping teachers learn how to design and implement science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) lessons as they need to train students in twenty-first-century skills.
– Enrichment of the professional profile of participants involved
– Acquaintance and practice with LEGO Mindstorms building kits and LabView programming
– Familiarisation and practice with AppInventor software to create apps
– Implementation of Design and Small-scale Engineering in schools as a means to teach Science, Math and Art
– Guidance and practice
– Development and enrichment of existing STEM programmes in schools methodologies at National and European level
– Promotion of the debate about STEM in schools.
EUR 700: Fees include two-week tuition, material and activities