31 July 2020
Furniture Design - IED Barcelona
The Summer Course in Furniture Design deals with the three main areas of design: editing, design and manufacture. Using professionals and experts in the field, the course looks at the details of each of these areas and how they are implemented professionally on the small and large scale. The students take their own limitations and strengths, and those of the school's workshop, which is their “factory”, to develop a small production run from scratch.
Professionals from the world of design who are studying for or already have a degree in design or architecture. Also for professionals who wish to gain more in-depth knowledge of the world of furniture.
- To understand what an editing company is and the importance of the editor to furniture companies.
- To understand the importance of designing while taking into account the manufacturing processes available.
- To understand the importance of making things oneself from start to finish, bearing in mind that this is not always the best option, although it is a possibility and definitely a great exercise.
- To learn to manufacture one’s own designs with one’s own hands using basic tools.
- To edit, design and actually manufacture a piece. In this way, at the end of the course the students will have completed a small production run, not just a mere prototype.
- To learn to communicate and photograph the work performed in the best way possible.
- To understand in the end, from professionals from the industry, how a piece is edited, designed and manufactured professionally and by putting this process into practice themselves during the course.
EUR 3100: Enrollment Fee: € 1.000,00
Fee: € 2.100,00
Please visit official website to get all information on scholarship opportunities.