12 July 2019
Travelling Through the World of Pension Systems
Pensions are hot. All developed countries have pension systems. Nevertheless, many pensioners faced dramatic pension drops in recent years. And young people doubt whether they will ever receive a substantial pension.
Do solid pension systems exist somewhere in the world?
This 1-week summer course intends to fuel our thinking for the future. We will discuss reports of Mercer (Melbourne Mercer Global Pension Index), the OECD (Pensions at a Glance) and the EU (Pensions Adequacy Report) on the quality of pension systems in various countries.
Prof. Dr. Antoine Jacobs and various guest lecturers.
Third year Bachelor's students and students about to enter their Master's program.
- Identify, explain and analyze the main international sources on the quality of pension systems in various countries;
- Interpret and reflect from a comparative perspective on the various principles for a good pension design;
- Compare and comment on the ways countries deal with pension schemes and their pension reform plans.
EUR 500: €500
- 10% early bird discount when registering before April 22nd, 2019
- 10% discount for students from partner universities*
*Combining discounts is not possible.
* Housing fee is not included
No scholarships available.