10 July 2019
Intensive Course on Cross-Border Insolvency Proceedings Across Europe
The course will focus on the highly important EU Regulation No 2015/848 on insolvency proceedings and discuss case law and best practice regarding:
- Centre of main interest (COMI) and forum shopping
- Coordination of proceedings
- Insolvency, cross-border security and rights in rem
Differences between national insolvency legislations will be highlighted.
Participants will also discuss the new Directive on insolvency to be published in early 2019 introducing the following measures:
- Preventative restructuring framework
- Second chance for honest insolvent or over-indebted entrepreneurs
- Targeted measures for Member States to increase efficiency of insolvency, restructuring and discharge procedures
Finally, implications of Brexit for insolvency and restructuring will be analysed.
Throughout the course, the current EU legislation and recent CJEU case law will be presented. Participants will be able to deepen their knowledge through case studies and daily workshops.
Dr Angelika Fuchs
Lawyers practising in the field of insolvency law and insolvency administrators seeking an introduction to cross-border insolvency law.
The purpose of this course is to introduce lawyers to practical aspects of cross-border insolvency proceedings.
EUR 792: Discounts available