12 July 2019
Urban Entrepreneurship Bootcamp
The world around us is asking for innovative and entrepreneurial action. This two week summer course will challenge you to find entrepreneurial opportunities that contribute to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDG’s).
It will appeal to your idealism and activism to change the world, to your discipline to execute upon your plans and to your eagerness to learn about innovation, impact and entrepreneurship.
What can you expect?
- Hard work, failure, leaving your comfort zone every day and fun (entrepreneurship)
- The scientific evidence behind the everyday hype and myths of entrepreneurship, innovation and sustainability
- Doing and going wherever your entrepreneurial journey takes you.
- AND, you may come up with an idea for your own business opportunity!
EXPLORE HOW TO IDENTIFY ENTREPRENEURIAL OPPORTUNITIES THAT MAKE AN IMPACT ON THE UNITED NATIONS SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS
- Take a deep dive into the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and the role of innovation and entrepreneurship for a real and lasting impact
- Experience the potential of innovation driven entrepreneurship and technological innovations for the creation of new business models
- Explore your own capability for opportunity recognition and motivation for entrepreneurship, innovation and impact
The lecturers for the Summer Course Urban Entrepreneurship Bootcamp are Ingrid Wakkee PhD and Bart van Grevenhof MA.
We are looking for individuals who demonstrate initiative and will follow through with their plans. You are looking for innovative and creative opportunities in sustainable solutions. Participants of all backgrounds are welcome; health care, business, social work, technology, law, education, social engineering, sports, creative industries, and so on. Interdisciplinary project work is part of the course.
You can be a student in a bachelor's or master's degree programme or a professional already working. You are prepared to join an internationally diverse class. You have a good command of the English language at upper intermediate level – B2 in the Common European Framework of Reference. The class will consist of a diverse international group of people.
During the course you will use different tools that will enable you to develop multiple opportunities. Visualising, creative thinking, searching for new concepts, sustainability, new technology, using dialog, Bildung, business modelling, are all used as part of the Bootcamp.
At the end of the course you will be able to spot entrepreneurial opportunities both at a local and global level in order to contribute to the United Nations Sustainable Development goals.
The programme consists of three learning outcomes that are designed to help your future career:
- You will take a deep dive into the UN SDG, look for how they manifest at a global and local level, and how they relate to one another.
- You will experience what innovative entrepreneurship is and how technological innovations influence the creation of new business models
- You will learn how you can seize opportunities and how you can organise the process of creating your first prototype.
For students who need 6 EC in order to transfer their course back to their home university we offer an opportunity to acquire an additional 2 ECTS with our special extended version. This means you will attend the two-week course and after finishing the course you will return home and work on the extra assignment under online guidance of one of our lecturers. You can hand-in your assignment up to 4 weeks after the course ends (by e-mail).
EUR 1150: € 1,150.00 – for 4 ECTS
€1,545.00 – for 6 ECTS (online coaching for extra assignment)