20 August 2022
on course website
STEM Summer Research Projects
Do you want to develop your independent, critical thinking, and practical lab-based skills? Do you want to undertake an innovative project as part of a research group at a world-leading institution? If so, this six-week summer school is for you.
This is a summer school with a difference – you will build your own research pathway under the supportive supervision of our world-class researchers while gaining academic credit. You will develop your teamwork, clinical and scientific inquiry, scientific referencing, and presentation skills.
A variety of expert faculty across STEM faculties, depending on project selected.
High-performing upper-year undergraduates studying disciplines related to their selected project.
Please note that you do not have to be studying medicine or dentistry to undertake projects with those departments.
Each research project is different, with a different area of clinical or scientific inquiry as it's focus so individual experiences will vary.
You should expect to:
* Participate in regular research group meetings and actively contribute to the wider research undertakings and aims of your particular laboratory or group
* Enjoy close and supportive supervision at the start of the programme, leading to self-directed inquiry and research as you develop your core competencies
* A highly hands-on and practice-based summer programme
* Learn the skills to explain, share and present your research findings to an expert audience
* Gain critical techniques and understandings relevant to future postgraduate ambitions
20 University of Bristol credits, suggested as equivalent to 10 ECTS or 5-6 US semester credits
GBP 5995: * All tuition and lab consumables;
* Single-room university residence accommodation, with a half-board meal package throughout;
* 24-7 support from the Global Summer Schools team, as well as University of Bristol student leaders, who are also available to help with your questions and lead activities;
* An exciting social programme, including optional weekend trips;
* Transfers within Bristol from the airport, coach station or train station to residence on arrivals and departures day.
A £500 discount is available to University of Bristol mobility partners and any students who apply by the early-bird deadline of 1st April 2022.Register for this course
on course website