7 July 2023
Engineering Research Opportunity (EROS International)online course
A unique opportunity to work in international teams with aspiring engineers to complete tasks around sustainability supported by an academic mentor.
This one-week summer school aims to connect Engineering students from various disciplines from across the globe. In international teams, aspiring engineers will complete tasks around sustainability supported by an academic mentor. Students will present their findings during the EROS International showcase. This will provide an opportunity for students to share their findings with students around the world and staff at NTU. Therefore, students will identify within their team local/national/international sustainability challenges and current ways of how these are addressed. Students will then be tasked to develop innovative Engineering solutions for these sustainability challenges and how changes could be implemented.
Sustainability themes for the course:
• Sustainable Healthcare
• Sustainable Energy Consumption and Management
• Sustainable Product Design
• Sustainable Sanitation and Water Management
• Sustainable Production and Consumption
This course will include live sessions and activities, quizzes, tutor videos and directed discussions.
At the end of the course you will participate in a group presentation of your ideas / solutions.
Dr Mehdi Zenali and Yvonne Reinwald are both Senior Lecturers in the Department of Engineering at Nottingham Trent University.
This course is ideal for international undergraduate engineering students who meet our English language requirements.
After studying on this course, you should be able to:
• Identity local/national/international sustainability challenges
• Critically evaluate current ways of addressing local/national/international sustainability challenges
• Develop innovative Engineering solutions for current sustainability challenges and how these could be implemented
• Work in international teams with aspiring Engineers across the global through online collaboration
• Present findings to peers and professional engineers.
Assessment – group presentation during the EROS International Showcase.
Social and Cultural Programme – earn your Cultural Diversity Digital Badge by participating in our exciting programme hosted by our amazing team of student buddies!
On successfully completing this course you will receive 5 cps recorded on an official NTU results transcript, and a digital skills badge that you can share on social media.
GBP 125: Tuition fee includes our exciting social and cultural programme and the opportunity to earn our Cultural Diversity Digital Badge.