26 July 2024
Well-being Masterclass: Discovering and Applying the Science of Positive Psychology
Explore the philosophical and practical foundations of strengths, well-being and other areas associated with positive psychological phenomena, including love; gratitude; time perspective; nature connectedness; forgiveness; altruism; mindfulness; flow; and strengths.
In this course you will:
• Explore different types and conceptualisations of psychological well-being, and different models and ways of measuring it
• Examine the ‘Science of Strengths and Virtues’ and their impact on health, well-being, and society
• Learn about time-perspective and how it can impact many areas of our lives, including our well-being, psychological and physical health, relationships, and success
• Learn about ‘Positive Psychological Interventions’ (PPIs) including Three Good Things, and how these could be designed for a range of people and settings.
And much more!
Edward Griffin - Senior Lecturer in Psychology
Glenn Williams - Principal Lecturer in Psychology
Ryan Lumber - Senior Lecturer in Psychology
This course is ideal for students from any discipline with an interest in this area.
After studying on this course, you should be able to:
• Identify the core scientific methods for carrying out positive psychological research and intervention
• Understand essential positive psychology concepts
• Recognise important principles for effective intervention planning with a positive psychology emphasis
• Identify and apply core psychological strengths.
• Apply positive psychological principles and practices to help yourself and others’ mental well-being.
On successfully completing your course you will receive a certificate and your 10 credit points (5 ECTS) recorded in an official NTU transcript of results.
GBP 1200: Apply and pay your tuition fee by 30 April 2024 and receive our Early-Bird discount of £100. Tuition fee includes course materials, our exciting social and cultural programme, support from our friendly team of student buddies, use of our GSS Hub with free drinks, and a trip to the beautiful university city of Cambridge.
GBP 440: Accommodation in our on-campus student halls. All rooms are single with ensuite facilities and shared kitchen and living spaces. Halls are self-catered and kitchen and bedding packs will be provided. Our accommodation is right in the heart of the city and so there are lots of food shops, cafes, restaurants, bars and takeaways just a short walk away.
£100 Early-bird discount if tuition fee payment is received by 30 April 2024. A further discount is offered to groups of 10+ students travelling from the same University.