21 July 2023
on course website
Innovative Finance - Financial Technologies and Decentralized Finance
Financial Technologies have been evolving in a very dynamic ecosystem, fueled by the changing retail behaviors and institutional requirements with the economic,
technological and monetary conditions. Thanks to the constant, and at-an-accelerating rate development of the emerging technologies, this evolution is embraced not only by
the financial institutions or the start-ups who pioneered the innovative solutions, but also by the giant big tech companies that provide products and services to millions of "users" worldwide with new business models designed completely with a digital focus. This course aims to provide deep knowledge and understanding for the participants about
the Fintech Applications, the range of financial services and products in the marketplace. The products, projects and business models in broad context will be examined
throughout the course. Context also includes the evolution of blockchain technology, cryptocurrencies and DeFi which is also called Fintech 2.0. We will explore how the blockchain technology operates with the given existing use cases.
GUVEN K. Vedat, Bahçesehir University, Turkey
Master students as well as recent graduates and young professionals who wish to acquire new knowledge in specific areas
Upon completing this course students will be able to:
- Define what the bottlenecks of conventional financial system are.
- Understand what Fintech’s can and can’t do.
- Developing appropriate business models taking user-based profitability on the center
with the focus of the product and target market.
- Understand the basics of financial technologies and decentralized finance, including
the underlying blockchain technology and the role of cryptocurrencies.
- Describe the potential benefits and challenges of decentralized finance and its impact
on traditional financial systems.
- Analyze real-world case studies of innovative finance projects and assess their
Participants can receive the following certificates:
- Certificate of Attendance: awarded after the summer school to all participants who have completed the three-week programme.
- Transcript of Records (with credits and grades): awarded only to participants who complete all course requirements and pass the final examination.
EUR 650: You can find more information on our website.
None.Register for this course
on course website