21 July 2023
on course website
Global Business and Strategyonline course
Even when today we can talk about a globalized world, it is important to understand that the local, national or regional nature of business is still one of the most important components when strategic decision making takes place. There are many cases of
multinational companies which have been very successful locally or regionally and when they try to export their business model abroad the results can be mixed. The markets have such a wide diversity in terms of infrastructure, culture, purchasing power, legal framework, geography, market composition, consumer behavior, amongst others. One can find evidence from many companies that when went global they had to change and adapt their businesses or even further in some cases to rethink it all, not only in terms of adapting their products, but also their logistics for delivery, governance and organizational structure, to mention some. Furthermore, today due to geopolitical and competitive circumstances another strategy is growing for some companies and countries which is “nearshoring”.
At the end, it is important to understand that the global business environment is influenced among others by its own environment in a local, regional or national context and how is it that global companies have to adapt internally and externally under different economic and business contexts.
MONTALVO Raul, Tecnológico de Monterrey, México
Master students as well as recent graduates and young professionals wish to acquire new knowledge in specific areas
At the end of this course, students are expected to achieve the following learning objectives:
1. To apply economic tools for a better strategic decision making.
2. To understand the importance of adapting a business model when moving from local to global.
3. To analyze the context of the implications of a global business environment.
4. To understand when it comes to make strategic decisions the relevance of business nature and mutual interdependence.
Participants can receive the following certificates:
- Certificate of Attendance: awarded to all participants who have completed the full online programme.
- Transcript of Records (with credits and grades): awarded only to participants who complete all course requirements and pass the final examination.
EUR 500: See our website for more information.
None.Register for this course
on course website