6 July 2023
Visit to archaeological sites.
Prof. Marianna Karamanou
No prior subject knowledge is required to study this module.
Upon successful completion of this module, students will:
1. know the history of Spinalonga
2. understand the social and political factors that shaped the management and treatment strategies of leprosy patients
3. understand the relationship between doctors and patients in Spinalonga
4. recognize the cultural and historical heritage preserved in the museums of Crete
A certificate of attendance will be provided to all participants through the University center for Training and Lifelong Learning and credit points will be awarded.
Total credits for all modules: 1
EUR 100: Registration fee for all modules.
Total number of participants: 40
EUR 0: Accommodation: Ariadne beach hotel – adult only (Venue), Agios Nikolaos, Crete, Greece
Double Room:170 euros/ day (85 E /person), local all inclusive (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
Triple Room: 220 euros/ day (73 E/person), local all inclusive (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
In order to book your room please contact Dr. Spyros Michaleas to provide you further assistance (email@example.com)
From Athens International Airport to Heraklion airport “Nikos Kazantzakis” and return.
Companies: Aegean, Sky express, Volotea
There are direct flights to Heraklion airport “Nikos Kazantzakis” from several countries.
From Piraeus port to Heraklion port and return
For further assistance concerning flight or boat tickets please contact:
Vai travel, Heraklion, Crete, Mrs Maria Hatzidaki, T: 0030281 028 8514/ 288 413.
Please note that a bus transfer will be provided for free
• On 3rd July 2023 at 11.00 am from Heraklion airport and port to venue hotel (Ariadne beach hotel),
• On 6th July 2023 at 1.00 pm from venue hotel (Ariadne beach hotel) to Heraklion airport and port
Distance: around 50 minutes, 60 km