21 August 2024
Introduction to Systems Thinking & System Dynamics Modelling - Public Health Challenges Response Preparation
The course is a “hands on” entry level course to expose participants to the principles of Systems Thinking & System Dynamics Modelling. Public Health policy examples of the use of these techniques will feature heavily in the course content. We will be focusing on the cost and socio-economic implications of Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR). Participants will learn how to model a part of the physical system and perform economic evaluation of various alternative strategies, including the use of optimization techniques to find the “best" solution.
Prof. Mark Heffernan & Giulio Cisco
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Recognize a Systemic Problem;
- Draw a Causal Loop Diagram;
- Build a System Dynamics model of a Public Health Issue;
- Perform an economic evaluation of proposed interventions;
- Explain Complex Systemic problems to others in a transparent and convincing manner.
To get the Certificate of completion and the 1ECTS participants MUST:
- Attend at least 80%of the course;
- Attend the plenary(s) offered during the days of the course;
- Submit either a CLD or System Dynamics model relating to AMR created in Stella within 1 week of completing the course.
CHF 1000: Early Bird price until May 1st.
CHF 1200: Normal price after May 1st
Discounts are available for PhD and Master students and participants from LMICs. Some scholarships are available especially for participants from LMICs.