21 June 2024
Summer Course on European Criminal Justiceonline course
This online summer course over five half-days will introduce legal practitioners to practical aspects of European criminal justice.
The summer course will be hosted on ERA’s own online training platform. You will be able to interact immediately and directly with our top-quality speakers and other participants, break out into working groups and work collaboratively on case studies and quizzes. We will make the most of the technical tools available to deliver an intensive, interactive training experience. As the platform is hosted on our own server, the highest security settings will be applied to ensure that you can participate safely in a high-quality online training environment.
Judges, public prosecutors, defence lawyers, police officers and civil servants seeking an introduction to European criminal justice.
- The institutional framework of European criminal justice
- The impact of digitalisation, AI, and new technologies in criminal proceedings
- Obtaining (e-)evidence with the proposed European Production and Preservation Orders as well as the EIO, proposals for the -admissibility of evidence and an e-CODEX system
- Mutual legal assistance and the EU’s relations with third countries
- Mutual recognition instruments – such as the EAW – under the jurisdiction of the CJEU
- The revision of Europol’s and Eurojust’s mandates and the work of the EPPO
- EU legislation against corruption, cybercrime, environmental crime and new Euro-crimes
- The rights to interpretation and translation, information, access to a lawyer, legal aid, and children in criminal proceedings and new areas of procedural rights
- Criminal records and the supervision of pre-trial detention, custodial sentences and probation.
EUR 790: Standard
EUR 592: EU and ERA patrons
Young lawyers and other groups
Early registration discount
10 % by 17.05.2024
20 % by 17.04.2024