12 September 2014
Implementation of Phosphorus Recovery from Wastewater - Why and How?
Do you want to be at the forefront of developments since you are already working or plan to work in the field of phosphorus recovery?
In the frame of the P-Rex project a summer school will be organized for master and PhD students as well as young professionals in the environmental sector. The pro-gramme consists of lectures, discussions, site visits and networking.
The main topics will be:
• Fertilizer production
• European phosphorus flows: uses and losses
• Phosphorus elimination in the WWTP
• Use of sewage sludge and manure
• Technologies for recovery from the wastewater stream
• Sustainability of Phosphorus recovery
• Cost, Environmental impact, Product quality
• Showcase Switzerland: Regional Infrastructure, Technologies, Recovery scenarios, Panel discussion regional stakeholders and decision makers
• free course and visits
• accommodation to be paid by participants
• lunch in canteen to be paid by participants
Location and Organisation
The Summer School will be organized by the Institute for Ecopreneurship of the University of Applied Sciences and Arts Northwestern Switzerland. The attendance of the 3 day Summer School will be accredited with 1 ECTS. The event will be held at University facilities as well as close by external venues. Detailed information will be given after registration.
If you want to participate at that event please fill in the application form until 30th of June. The form can be downloaded here: http://p-rex.eu/index.php?id=4
Master and PhD students as well as young professionals.
Certificate will be handed out at the end of the course.
CHF 0: The course is kindly supported by the EU 7th Framework Programme. Travel, accommodation and subsistence are the responsibility of the participants.