14 July 2019
Georgia in the enlarged Black Sea region
Some of the proposed topics :
All the proposed topics are only indicative. Presentations may be modified, or replaced, depending of the progress of the program
and proposals of the different lecturers who confirm their presence during the preparation. A final program will be communicated
to the candidates on the first day of the session.
- NATO and the new geopolitical situation in the Black Sea Region
- EU-Georgia Relations: Perspectives and challenges
- Georgian NATO Partnership
- South Caucasus: Ethno, Geo and Bio-political facets of Security in the Region
- Frozen conflicts in the Black sea Region
- Thirty Years after the Fall of the Berlin wall: What went wrong with Security in Europe ?
- EU’s Black Sea policies
- Reinvigorating Cross-Border and Cross Regional Cooperation in the Black Sea Region: Challenges
- Turkish relations with Georgia and the enlarged Black sea area: political economy perspective
Cultural visits of institutions and excursion could be proposed during the programme to discover the Georgian culture
and way of life
The course is oriented towards undergraduate students, in their second and third year university studies, but we also consider applications from graduate students and from young professionals.
A balanced mixture of seminars, lectures, and cultural visits ensure an active involvement of the students. Participants have the possibility to work and discuss their ideas in an open atmosphere and within a multidisciplinary and international framework.
The CIFE international representatives as well as local academics to debate on the balance of power in the area in terms of environment and energy market.
The CIFE Summer School is known for its level of excellence, the high level of both academic speakers and practitioners, and the active involvement of the participants in all discussions and debates. This outstanding experience will certainly provide the participants with an interesting exchange and mutual learning, deep EU expertise and relevant output for their CV.
ECTS credits available for this programme.
EUR 450: This amount (450 Euros) applies to participants who are able to justify their status as a student and who are not in need of a visa.
The fee includes the accommodation in a student residence or guest house, all workshops, lectures, working-lunch, reception and the farewell meal. It excludes the flight tickets and other expenses of the students.
For those who do not meet either of the requirements, please contact us for more information regarding the fees you would pay.
A limited number of scholarships is available for particularly qualified candidates.