19 July 2019
Innovations and Entrepreneurship
This summer course addresses the core concepts of human-centered innovation and business model generation. Participants will be guided throughout the process from idea to business concept through experiential learning. The course is project-based and participants will work together in groups during the two weeks.
Business concept development will be facilitated by a mix between input sessions with experts, interactive discussions and coaching. After an initial field research with potential users aimed to identify market needs, participants will generate ideas and build prototypes. After having tested the prototypes, participants will iterate their solutions, define a fitting business model and develop an investor pitch to be presented at the end of the course.
This course is suitable for undergrad and graduate students as well as professionals from any discipline who wish to develop an entrepreneurial and user-centered mindset in multidisciplinar teams.
- Daniela Lopes
- Oliver Rohrich
This course is for all undergraduate and postgraduate students as well as for professionals with an engineering, natural sciences, social sciences or arts background. Participants attending this Summer School should have a strong interest in creating new products, processes and businesses and in working together in multidisciplinary teams.
By the end of the course, students will have:
- The ability to develop new products as well as processes and business concepts
- The ability to systematically explore, create and modify business-driven ideas
- An in-depth understanding of the different phases of ideation and business development
- The ability to transform new ideas into business solutions for commercial markets
- Leadership competencies
- The ability to validate assumptions and test prototypes
- The ability to work in multidisciplinary teams
- The ability to present a concept in a pitch format
3 ECTS (European Credit Transfer System) for the academic course.
EUR 950: The course fee covers our cultural programme, which features visits to museums (entry tickets covered), guided walking tours of Berlin, a sightseeing boat tour, a visit to the German Parliament (Bundestag), and a trip to the city of Potsdam. Day trips to Dresden or Leipzig will be subject to additional costs and will not be covered by the course fee.