27 July 2024
Robotics and Innovation for Future Industries
This Summer School is all about engineering, controlling and programming robots. First you gain fundamental theoretical knowledge in robotics and then apply your skills in lab classes at RWTH Aachen University. You solve classical problems in robotics like localization and navigation and make use of simulations.
Programming, path planning, trajectory planning, mapping and object manipulation are part of this program. Receive information on industrial applications and see how stationary and mobile robots move because of your programming.
This course is highly interactive and contain a lot of intensive and fun teamwork.
✓ Lectures & tutorials
✓ Exercises & project work
✓ One institute visit
✓ Intercultural exchange & social events
Registrations are open now! Apply before April 1!
The academic content has been carefully designed by the Institute of Mechanism Theory, Machine Dynamics and Robotics (IGMR) and the Knowledge-Based System Group (KSBG) of RWTH Aachen University, as well as our partners KUKA AG & Makino.
Every year we welcome students from all over the world. You can become part of our international student community if you:
- are at least 18 years old
- in your Bachelor's, Master's, in between or recently graduated
- are proficient in the English language
Desirable is basic knowledge in the following areas: Lecture „Artificial Intelligence“ (or objective evidence of equivalent knowledge), programming skills (C++ and/or Java) or interest in logic-based programming. Linux skills are beneficial.
No English certificate is required. Our courses are all in English and therefore a proficient knowledge of English is important.
Learn how to program robots for multiple purposes
- Experience various types of stationary and mobile robots
- Gain a theoretical understanding of lightweight industrial robots
- Apply your knowledge in practical projects and exercises
- Make use of different types of programming software and learn about sensors and their inaccuracy
- Solve tasks like mapping, navigation, planning, and reasoning
Have a look at the workload of our Short Courses:
(1 hour = 45 minutes)
2-week programs | about 75 hours
3-week programs | about 100 hours
4-week programs | about 120 hours
Please note: All Short Courses are full time programs! Ultimately it is up to your home institution as to how many credits may be awarded. For details, please speak to your home institution’s Study Abroad Adviser.
EUR 3350: With our all-inclusive package we provide our participants a carefree stay in the charming historic city of Aachen. The program fees of each on-campus program contain for example:
- Accommodation (room shared with one other participant)
- Breakfast and lunch on weekdays
- A local public transportation ticket
- Broad supporting program
- Personal support from local mentors
- Emergency contact
- Certificate from RWTH Aachen University
Our team is glad to announce that we award scholarships for selected on-campus Summer School programs every year. Check out our website for details and see if you are a scholarship candidate.