15 July 2016
on course website
How to Become a Start-up in the Creative Industry
Creatives, techies and entrepreneurs unite! In this intensive interdisciplinary course, you join forces and form international start-up teams. Together you work on your own or a team member?s innovative idea. You study theories and practices from Creativity, Technology and Entrepreneurship, demonstrating the value of design thinking, business modeling, innovation, customer validation and creative processes. With mentoring and inspirational talks from entrepreneurs, creatives and tech start-ups, you turn your idea into a working business model and plan, and pitch it in front of a jury of experts from the creative industry. The best teams compete in an international Business Contest! This Summerschool is part of the European CREA SummerAcademy Network.
You can apply for the CREA Summer Academy as an individual or with your recently formed (early stage) start-up team. Individual applicants form their start-up team during the course, or could also join and complement an already existing team. If you apply with a team, we expect you to be open to work with other students at the course who can complement your team with knowledge and expertise that you need for your start-up.
The application and selection process for the CREA Summer Academies will open in January (or the latest in February) 2016. If you are interested in this course, please act now and send an email to course leader Karen Sikkema (firstname.lastname@example.org). We will then send you a message when the application is open so you can apply for the course!
?How to become a start-up in the creative industries? is interesting for both individual students and early stage teams who have just started with their start-up. We are looking for students with a background in one of the following fields of study: Entrepreneurship, ICT/ Technology and/or Creativity/ Design. During the course, you will work together in mixed teams as to learn from each other and together work as a start-up. The course is also interesting for early stage start-up teams who are still looking for additional team members with specific expertise in one of the mentioned fields.
In the CREA Summer Academy, you will:
- Gain knowledge about entrepreneurial, marketing and financial strategies necessary to start a company
- Gain knowledge and experience with creative and innovation processes and design thinking methods
- Apply these entrepreneurial and design thinking methods in innovation, business modelling and business development processes within your own start-up team
- Learn to work in a start-up team, gaining experience with intercultural communication and team working skills
- Learn to identify and evaluate opportunities and risks and adapt to occurring needs and challenges. Also develop problem-solving skills and the capacity to turn ideas into action
- Learn how to convincingly communicate concepts in a verbal and visual way to different audiences
EUR 350: Course + course materials + housingRegister for this course
on course website