19 July 2019
French language practice + "Culture and heritage" track
Combine the practice of French in the morning (45h) with a thematic track in the afternoon (30h of lectures and site visits) = 75h for one session.
Culture and heritage track : embark on a journey into French language and culture
2 sessions of 3 weeks (June 5-26 and July 1-19, 2019)
- beginner to intermediate levels:
French society and culture and gastronomy (session 1) - gastronomy and art in Normandy : portrait (session 2)
- intermediate to advanced levels:
Art in Normandy: impressionnism/writers from/in Normandy and art and history : medieval Normandy (session 1)
Creative theatre writing workshop, writers from/in Normandy and art in Normandy: architecture (session 2)
Office of Summer courses and specific programs
Building i - Office Li 114
+33(0)2 31 56 59 90
Program open to anyone over 18, with no pre-requisite of diploma and/or French proficiency. For special request, please contact us.
Intensive language program for an immediate immersion into French culture, promoting the acquisition of increasing autonomy in a variety of communication situations.
The courses are taught by teachers of Carré international, specialists of French as a foreign language.
The program also integrates the cultural discovery of local heritage. Each week-end, a one-day excursion is scheduled.
• Session 1and Session 2 : University certificate (with grades)
• Possibility to register to a the DELF/DALF session (A1 to C1) organized at the end of session 2. Registration must be made when applying to the programme (additional fee of €95).
EUR 820: French language practice + thematic track = 75 h = €820
EUR : Room and board - 2 options:
- University residence : single 9m² furnished room with shower, toilets, washbasin and internet access in a co-ed building located a few yards from the classrooms.
Rate : around €280 per session (2018 rates for information)
- host family : single room with half-board (breakfast and dinner) downtown Caen or suburbs with internet access.
Rate : €531 for session 1
€505 for session 2
€945 for sessions 1 + 2
Lunches can be taken at the university restaurant (around €8 per meal).