21 August 2018
on course website
Blockchain and distributed ledger technology have the potential to disruptively change and further automate the way we do (financial) transactions, supply-chain flows, and even governance. However, the topic of blockchain and cryptocurrencies is surrounded with a lot of hype.
In this course we will teach you the relevant concepts surrounding blockchain technology such that you cancut through the hype and judge for yourself when the application of blockchain technology does and doesn’t make sense. This technical course will include both (interactive) lectures, tutorials for hands-on experience, and collaborative project work.
Dr. Maarten Everts is a part-time assistant professor at the University of Twente and also employed at the research institute TNO. The last few years his research at both the UT and TNO has focused on blockchain technology.
- Good understanding of the English language.
- Computer Science background (i.e., programming experience, some knowledge of algorithms and data structures).
- Some knowledge on cryptography is helpful, but not required.
- Be able explain the inner workings of common blockchain platforms, including Bitcoin and Ethereum.
- Be able to navigate the blockchain technical landscape and have the ability to judge blockchain projects on their technical merits.
- Have hands-on experience with both public, permissionless blockchains (such as Bitcoin and Ethereum) and permissioned blockchain.
- Have a firm understanding what problems are and are not suitable for the application of blockchain technology.
- Be able to articulate the open issues in blockchain research.
- Be able to create simple smart contracts.
EUR 675: The early-bird fee (valid until 10 March, 2018 ) for attending the summer school is € 675 (individual ticket).
Our fee is an all-in package consisting the following components:
- A stay at the inspirational campus of the University of Twente
- Course participation
- Course materials
- A tent to sleep in (included: air mattress, flashlight, pillow and sleeping bag)
- Food (breakfast, lunch and evening meal)
- Free entry to the UT Sport Centre
EUR 750: Starting from 10 March 2018 the price is € 750 EUR. After 10 June 2018 the fee is € 875.
No scholarships offered! Please check your current/home university!Register for this course
on course website