20 August 2019
Health and Happiness
Researchers have long known that health and happiness go together. Studies show how individuals can actively influence their own health and well-being. Numerous interventions and techniques, often with the help of technology, have been developed to help promoting a healthy lifestyle.
Inspired by insights from health psychology, positive psychology, communication sciences, and eHealth, this course will help you address these questions. You will work on several cases related to health and well-being, with the ultimate goal to boost health, both physically and mentally.
Jannis Kraiss: Researcher at the department of Psychology, Health & Technology at the University of Twente. The focus of his PhD thesis lies on the effectivenes of a multi-component positive psychology intervention to enhance well-being and personal recov
Undergraduate but also everyone with an interest in technological interventions with a human touch to improve health and well-being.
- Knowing how to improve health and well-being in several areas
- Designing technological interventions to improve health and well-being
- Applying knowledge from health psychology, positive psychology, communication sciences, and eHealth to improve health and well-being
EUR 875: Our fee is an all-in package consisting the following components:
- A stay at the inspirational campus of the University of Twente
- Course participation
- Course materials
- A tent to sleep in (included: air mattress, flashlight, pillow and sleeping bag)
- Food (breakfast, lunch and evening meal)
- Free entry to the UT Sport Centre
No scholarships offered! Please check your current/home university!